For nearly seventy years Jimmy John's has been one of America's favorite roadside stops. Our friendly atmosphere and service provide customers with an experience like no other. We pride ourselves in delivering great food in a fast manner and always with great service. We have been featured on The Food Network's Best Of: Roadside Stands. Additionally we have recieved rave reviews from critics and hot dog lovers alike.
Our "Special Frankfurter" features a natural casing with a wide range of self-serve toppings available throughout our restaurant. These dogs have been the foundation of Jimmy John's and have kept taste buds happy throughout Delaware and Chester counties for decades. An absolute must have dog for any hot dog lover! If the condiments offered in the restaurant aren't enough to satisfy,we offer chili, cheese, and bacon to be added fresh from the grill!
Jimmy John, after six other ventures in the food business, started the open-air Pipin' Hot on the new Wilmington Pike in early May 1940. The first addition was made that fall to winterize. Summer of 1941 saw three more additions. It stayed that way through WWII and was managed by his wife, Louise John. Soon after returning from overseas, in 1945, the property was purchased from our neighbors, Elizabeth and William Heyburn. In 1948 a new building was erected and business continued to grow! However, 12 years later it was demolished to make way for a four lane highway. A new 100ft. building was erected just north of the original site in 1960. Inside seating was provided by an addition in the spring of 1973.
As of December 2005, Jimmy John's is now owned and operated by its longest standing employee, Roger Steward, who began working at Jimmy John's in 1974. He considers it his privilege to continue what Jimmy John started so many years ago. We thank each and every one of you who continue to make Jimmy John's a favorite place to bring the family and enjoy the history of this local legend.